Top work. Nice clean designs and prompt responses to feedback.
danc was exactly the designer I was hoping for my project. He was right on task quickly and delivered exactly what I asked for. Would definitely use him again for a book cover.
- alex Rr
I really loved the way that the design looked and the font. She really captured the colors and brightness that I was looking for, and she followed my instructions very well. She's a very talented designer.
How anna.mayer started their book cover journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Entertainment & The Arts
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
“John Sinclair” is a reboot of Europe’s longest running horror series. Originally conceived in 1973 and still running strong, the “John Sinclair” novellas are firmly rooted in the finest pulp traditions, true page turners with spine-tingling suspense, exquisite gore and a dash of adventure. “John Sinclair” combines the dark visions of Stephen King, Clive Barker and the “X-Files” with the fast-paced action and globe-trotting excitement of James Bond.
We’d like to engage readers of all ages that are into horror stories.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
- create the first six covers of an ongoing e-book and audio play series
- with a certain characteristic that appears throughout all episodes
Keep in mind:
- Covers need to be adaptable for e-book and audio book format
- Covers have to work in thumbnail size (Amazon, iBooks)
- “John Sinclair” logo (attached) should be adopted in all cover drafts with the smaller subtitle of the episode below in a font of your choice.
- include a serial number if possible
Idea 1: big screen movie poster
A mixture of „Van Helsing“ and „James Bond” – big screen movie poster style. The stories play here and now, the covers should procure action, shudder and shocking moments as well as Hollywood-glamour.
Idea 2: recurring atmosphere with fitting symbols
More suggestive covers with creating a certain recurring atmosphere or a perspective (like looking through a keyhole) or a hand holding a different symbol that refers to each episode.
Episode Symbols (more info in the summaries attached)
1. “Curse of the Undead” – Zombie(s); hand rising from a grave
2. “The Lord of Death” – Aztec figure
3. “Dr. Satanos” – Erlenmeyer flask, laboratory equipment
4. “A Feast of Blood” – hand appears through a brick wall (being walled in alive)
5. “Dark Pharaoh” – Coptic Ankh
6. “The Vampire Graveyard“ – hand on tombstone; deadly harp
Most likely the series will continue after the first six episodes so there’s a high chance for a reengagement with the winning designer.